Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
There is never a good time for a water loss to damage your home or business, and our SERVPRO of Blue Valley team understands how stressful it can be. After a water loss occurs in your Aubry, KS, home, your first priority should be to keep you and your family safe. Once safe, make sure and call a company you can trust. Call the pros at SERVPRO of Blue Valley for your water damage cleanup and restoration needs today. Our crew is highly trained in water cleanup and restoration.
Here are some additional concerns to be aware of after water damage:
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (913) 825-2000
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.